Note: Not all customers have access to Centercode’s Legacy Forums as they’re currently being phased out. For those who do, we strongly recommend the use of feature-rich Feedback Forums as a full replacement of Legacy User Forums.
Centercode’s Legacy Forums host two core settings for controlling Subscriptions:
- Subscribed - forces the selected teams to subscribe to that forum
- Can Subscribe - allows the selected teams to subscribe to and unsubscribe from that forum
Setting Subscription Controls
To access these controls, navigate to:
- Project Tools
- Click the individual Forum you want to modify
- Expand the Advanced Team Access section
- Check ON the desired control(s)
Subscription Control Interaction
These controls directly affect the experience of your testers and/or internal team within the Project’s Forums. Therefore, understanding the result of setting Forum Subscription Control options is important to maintain a positive user experience.
- Submitting settings with Subscribed enabled automatically subscribes all users on the team(s) selected (regardless of any previous settings or preferences).
- Submitting settings with Can Subscribe enabled will allow users on the team(s) selected to toggle subscription On and Off at-will.
- Submitting settings with both Subscribed and Can Subscribe enabled will automatically subscribe all users on the team(s) selected, but will additionally allow them to unsubscribe and re-subscribe at-will.
- Please use the Subscribed setting extremely carefully as it forces users to receive emails. Despite the common assumption to the contrary, forcing subscription will often have a directly negative effect on participation in busy forums as users tend to actively ignore persistent mailings.
- Keep in mind that resubmitting settings with the Subscribed option enabled overwrites users' preferences. Due to this, we recommend you only enable the Can Subscribe option for testers.
- Creating Feedback Forums (to replace Legacy Forums)