Within Centercode you have the ability to change the terminology throughout your site to better match your personal preference. This can be done via the String Set Management page.
Click Here to view a video of the process designed to accompany the steps listed below:
From the Community Homepage:
- Click the Community Tools link in the left hand menu.
- Click the Configuration link in the left hand menu.
- Click the String Sets button in the Advanced Configuration area.
- Click the table cell of the String Set you wish to Modify (typically the base Community or Project Strings).
- Click the Enable Find-Replace link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter text from a string you wish to Modify in the Find In Source search field and click Find to the right of the search field.
- Locate the String you would like to change, and enter desired text into the Click to modify... field to the right of the String.
- Click the OK button below the field when you are finished.
You have successfully modified the Default Terminology used within your site.
- Manage Community Role
- Strings can be modified via other methods as well. From any given page in the site, you can click the Modify Strings link on the bottom right of the screen to access the strings that can specifically appear on that page. Repeat steps 7 and 8 from above to modify any of them that you like. This can be a quick and convenient way to modify something such as a header, footer, term, text, or other string that you notice while navigating your site.
- You can only Modify the Strings (which overwrites how they appear in the site). You can never change the Base String defaults.
- You can Modify the Strings that appear outside the secure areas of the site (such as the Login or Lost Credential areas) via the same method above. These strings are also part of the Community level String Set being used.