In order to instill consistent and effective testing practices from Project to Project, Centercode offers comprehensive and highly-functional Project Templates. Setting a Project as a Template allows administrators to copy the entirety of that project for their own test, as well as enables valuable efficient features like cloning of Surveys, Content, or Releases. Follow these steps to set your project as a Template:
- Click into the Project that contains the resource you'd like to clone
- Click on Project Tools on the left hand menu
- Click on the Project Template tool in the main body area
(Note: this may be under the "Hidden Tools" section)
- Verify either Global Template or Department Template is checked on
(If it is not, click on either Global Template or Department Template)
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page
You have successfully set a Project as a Project Template.
- Manage Project Role
- Department Templates are Project Templates that can only be used within the same Department. Global Templates can be used for any new Project.
- When creating a new Project, the Projects that you have marked as Templates will be usable as a basis for your new Project (Manager created areas will exist, but User generated data will not).