In your Centercode implementation you can Filter through your Community for information regarding/pertaining to Users. This will help you narrow down and easily find any particular information you are interested in seeing. If you'd like to see all results or just don't have many users, No Filter may work for you.
The other half of running a helpful User Management query is setting up your View. If you're looking for general user info, then the provided Default View may work for you. If there's any data you're needing to see in particular, please set up your View. Click here for how to create a Filter.
Tip: Have your Filter and View mirror the same data so that you can validate your results. If you Filter for a certain demographic, you'll want a View to match that.
Create Project User Filter:
Click Here to view a video of the process designed to accompany the steps listed below:
From the Project Homepage:
- Click the Project Tools link in the left hand menu.
- Click the Users button in the main body area.
- Click the New link to the right of the Filter drop down list.
- Select the desired Data Set, Item, Default Qualifier, and optionally a Default Value.
- Click the Add To Filter button at the bottom of the Available Filter Items section.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all desired Filter criteria have been added to the Filter.
- Complete any other desired Filter Options.
- Click the Create Filter button at the bottom of the page.
You have successfully created a Project User Filter.
- Beyond your Data Set selection, most filter items are dynamic and defined by your implementation. For example, choosing a Data Set of Project Notices will compile a list of your available Notices to filter off of. Other Data Sets, such as Key Dates, include more static Items.