This will default all newly created User accounts in the Community to the selected Country.
Click Here to view a video of the process designed to accompany the steps listed below:
From the Community Homepage:
- Click the Community Tools link on the left-hand menu.
- Click the Configuration link on the left-hand menu.
- Click the User Account Settings button in the Advanced Configuration area.
- Select from the Default Country drop-down menu as desired.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
You have successfully set a default Country for your Community Users.
- Manage Community Role
- Must have the Enable Countries (and Geographic Reporting) check box enabled.
- Users can later choose to change their default Country (as well as optionally add Province and Local levels) in their Account Settings should they desire.
- The option Attempt to Auto-Detect when selecting from the Default Country drop down list will use the user's IP address to attempt to determine this automatically and present the user with the most likely Country.