Click Here to view a video of the process designed to accompany the steps listed below:
From Content Management:
- Hover over the table cell of the desired Content Type and click the New Content icon to the right.
- Click the Dynamic Tags section to drop it down.
- Select the desired Data Set and Item.
- Clickthe Insert at Cursor button.
- Click the HTML link at the top of the Text Editor.
- Find the Value for the Dynamic Tag (ex. <p><span id="CONNECT" value="_1" class="DYNAMICTAG">«Community Team(s)»</span></p>).
- Remove the existing Dynamic Tag from the HTML field, and replace it with only the "Value" surrounded by square brackets (ex. [_1]).
- Place the new shortened Dynamic Tag within your desired HTML link (insert the [_1] into the HTML link wherever required).
- Click the Update button at the bottom of the HTML page when satisfied.
You have successfully added a Dynamic Tag to a link within Content.
- Manage Content at appropriate level (Community or Project)
- Existing Content Type with Community or Project
- An example to see this work would be to copy <a href="http://www.google.com?q=[_1]">Google Tag</a> into the HTML page of any Content Body. Traditional Dynamic Tags in our system would simply not be capable of being included in a link such as this.
- This same method can be used to convert a dynamic tag and include it within a link in Project Releases (same structure as Content).
- The Value can vary from Dynamic Tag to Dynamic Tag, and most will consist of a GUID, underscore, and an integer (ex. "CDCB5954D7204576A3903F9B40BCE23B_123"). Be sure to retain the exact Value.