String Sets are a centralized source for all the non-resource (things created from scratch by a user) text in the site. Essentially, they're key-value pairs that allow you to pick a key (ex: "ph_mytodo") and change it's text from the default of "My To-Do" to "My Assignments". Target the string to change the text that it displays.
Click Here to view a video of the process designed to accompany the steps listed below:
From the Community Homepage:
- Click the Community Tools link in the left-hand menu.
- Click the Configuration link in the left-hand menu.
- Click the String Sets button in the Advanced Configuration area.
- Hover over the Community Strings table cell and click the New icon.
- Fill in all desired information about your new String Set.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
You have successfully created a Custom Community String Set.
- Manage Community Role
- To set your Community to utilize the Custom String Set, navigate to the Basic Community Settings page (accessible within the Community Tools menu) and set the String Set field to the new desired String Set and click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- Click Here for video of the process described directly above.